This year with the purchase of the house we decided not to exchange gifts but I wanted to show him how much I appreciate him, so I woke up early and ran to Starbucks to surprise Mike with a coffee. He quickly one-upped me that afternoon by driving down from Clearfield to surprise me for lunch and bringing a beautiful bouquet of peonies he had arranged to look like my wedding bouquet. To top it off, when I asked him where we would be going to lunch, he told me The Point, which is where we had our wedding reception. Me being the sentimentalist that I am, was so touched that he had thought of taking me back to where we celebrated the best day of our lives. He really is the best and we had a wonderful lunch together.
Finally that evening we headed down to Cucina Toscana which is by far the best Italian restaurant in the entire Salt Lake valley. I would even venture to say it’s the best food I have ever eaten. Even the green beans and spinach are tasty, and you all know how much I hate to eat vegetables. We brought in a bottle of wine from our trip to Italy and enjoyed an authentic 4 course Tuscan style meal. It was an amazing dinner, with wonderful company and I couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend our anniversary. We stuffed ourselves with Brushetta, fresh bread with this amazing garlic and anchove spread, Ravioli Machiatti, which is essentially sage and spinach ravioli in a light tomato sauce, top sirloin infused with lemon, lime and pepper served over spinach and potatoes, and we finished the meal with coffee and a crème brulee. I don’t think I have been more satisfied by a meal and I can’t wait to go back. My mouth is already watering.
Classic Michael Ricci face
Two years down, 50 plus to go!
After dinner. STUFFED!
After being wheeled out of Cucina we headed home and watched our wedding video together, a tradition we started last year. It’s so special to be able to relive our day, hear our vows spoken and be reminded of the emotions we felt as we became husband and wife and I look forward to many more years of watching it together. I am so lucky to have such a romantic and thoughtful husband and I had the best anniversary I could ever ask for. I love you Be, thanks for making our 2nd one so memorable. Love you!
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Anniversary.
happy two years...enjoy every minute it goes by so fast!
Congrats on #2. We just celebrated #12 on the 19th. We had too many things going on so we are post-poning the celebration until things settle down a little bit. Here is to the next 50-right!
Post a Comment