Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

06.16.08

Yesterday Mike and I celebrated our one-year anniversary. I can’t believe that a year has already flown by and how much has changed. I feel we have grown tremendously as a couple, as well as individuals and have become much stronger in the process.

Mike really made our first anniversary special, even though he was really sick. He woke me up to breakfast in bed (my favorite, a ho-ho and tall glass of milk) and then sent me off to work. At nine he surprised me with this beautiful arrangement he designed himself, along with a Starbuck’s (something I was in desperate need of).
He called around trying to find flowers that were in my bouquet (peonies, rununculus and hydrangea) but he had no such luck. I thought it was so sweet that he remembered my favorite flowers though and think the arrangement he came up with was perfect! He was very thoughtful while picking out the flowers, and each of them had a meaning to him.

Since Mike was sick, he had taken the day off work, which was great for me! He just hung out at my work with me until it was time for lunch. While he was here we bought a GPS unit as an anniversary gift to ourselves and I am really excited about it! Ever since coming back from Europe we have wanted one and I am stoked to start playing with it! It will be especially fun discovering new cites together and finding new places here in Salt Lake.

Finally it was lunchtime (we were both starving) so we headed off to Training Table. I can’t resist their cheese fries and I really love their Turkey Bacon sandwich. We had a great time at lunch and I was sad to see it end. It was really fun to spend so much time with him during the day and I couldn’t wait for the workday to end.

When I got home, I surprised him with an anniversary gift. The modern first year anniversary gift is clocks, so I really wanted to buy him a watch. I found this cool Seiko titanium watch that I thought he would really like because it was so techie, and Mike loves that sort of stuff. Such a nerd! I was right though; he loved how light it was and was very surprised too! He was very thoughtful and had picked out some stationary that mirrored our wedding colors, since the first year anniversary is paper (he did his research!) and had written me a beautiful card, along with a hand-written copy of his wedding vows to me. It was very sweet and I was touched. He also got me a massage, which I am super excited about as I have been in dire need!

After our present exchange, we ran down to the watch store to have his new watch sized. We were there way longer than expected, but by the time we left I was starving, so it worked out great! We went to Olive Garden, my absolute favorite place to eat and it was yummy as usual. We had brought the top tier of our wedding cake in with us, so after dinner we cut that and ate it for dessert. To our surprise it was still delicious! Apparently if you save the top of your cake and eat it on your first anniversary it’s supposed to bring you good luck and children so we will see. :-) I am crossing my fingers!

Following dinner we headed home and watched our wedding video. It’s really fun to reminisce about that day and hiring a wedding videographer was the best money I ever spent. Ours was truly amazing and I am so glad we decided to use him. He was able to capture the essence of the day perfectly and it's something we will have forever.

Overall I had a perfect anniversary with my wonderful husband and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other day.

Thanks Be for being so truly amazing, I love you more today than the day I married you.



4 comments:

hannie bailey said...

It's like a fairy tale. I am melting. Congrats you guys!

Rachel said...

What a great first anniversary! You guys are so cute!

Malerie said...

Congrats on a year! Isn't it great? On our anniversaries, we splurge on something we both want, too. It's fun that way. I'm glad you had a great anniversary.

Jenny B said...

Happy Anniversary! You picked a good weekend to get married. We celebrated #11 on 6/19. I can't believe how fast time flies. Enjoy every moment!