After a few days full of sightseeing, we headed off to our Villa in Tuscany. When we pulled up to our home for the next week, we were all in awe. It was exactly what we had imagined a Tuscan Villa to be like. It was made of beautiful stone and had views of vineyards and Tuscan countryside for miles. It was truly breathtaking.



Since we were all famished we headed off to the local COOP, to pick up some food for dinner. Well that was an experience! Have you ever tried to follow a recipe when the store doesn’t carry the same ingredients (like cold milk) and everything is in another language? Well it is definitely a challenge! To top it off, the store was packed and everyone in there knew exactly what he or she needed. I kept feeling as though I was constantly in someone’s way and I was surprised that I didn’t get knocked over by an impatient Italian. We were finally able to find most of what we needed and left as fast as we could.That night my mom made her fabulous spaghetti sauce along with salad, gnocchi, garlic bread and wine. I always tell my mom I have yet to find a better spaghetti sauce, even in Italy, and what a good cook she is. She really can just throw stuff together and make it taste delicious. It was really nice to just sit down that evening, take in the scenery, eat some yummy food and drink some Italian wine. I think it was just what we needed to unwind from our past three days.
No comments:
Post a Comment