Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Let's Eat Out...

Yesterday while at lunch, Mike and I were trying to rank our favorite restaurants. It was a lot of fun and was really hard to narrow it down to just 10. I finally decided I can have 11 favorite restaurants since 11 is my lucky number. In choosing my 11 favorite, I decided that the only reason these became my favorite is because of one or two things on their menu. I never venture out and try new things because I hate being disappointed when it doesn’t taste as good as what I normally would get. If I want to try something new, I just try Mike’s, and if I like it better, I eat his. :-)

I have listed my 11 favorite restaurants along with what I get at each. What are your fave restaurants and what do you usually get there? Maybe your favorites will inspire me to try some new places and dishes!

1. The Olive Garden
-Three cheese ravioli with marinara, salad (extra croutons and dressing), breadsticks and a boat of alfredo for dipping

2. Tsunami
-Don Juan roll, edamame and purple haze sake

3. Red Robin
- Spinach and Artichoke dip and either clucks and fries or the Baja Turkey Club

4. Noodles and Company
-Wisconsin Mac and Cheese with an extra side of parmesan

5. Café Rio
-Pork salad with extra meat and extra crunchies or roast beef quesadilla.

6. Crown Burger
-Cheeseburger with just ketchup, mustard and dressing and fries with lots of ketchup (I love condiments!)

7. Red Rock -Pita Burger no onions, fries and a pitcher of honey wheat.

8. Citris Grille
- Ham and Havarti sandwich with extra cranberry spread and either soup or fries

9. The Old Spaghetti Factory
-Manager’s favorite with mizithra and marinara, salad with pesto dressing (extra croutons and an extra side of dressing) and spumoni ice-cream.

10. Hamilton’s Steak and Seafood
- Stuffed potato spring rolls, wedge salad with Bleu Cheese dressing (of course with extra croutons and dressing), sirloin steak and a loaded baked potato

11. Village Baker
-Chicken Tortilla soup with an extra roll. So yummy but they only serve it on Monday’s :-(

Now I am getting really hungry!

3 comments:

hannie bailey said...

I love purple haze sake!

Kristen said...

It was so good to see you guys at the wedding. We will definitley need to get together next time Brittney is in town. I love this post, you have 8 of my fav's on the list. I love to eat out!!!!

Halaufia's said...

I love purple haze too...My old sushi chef gave me the recipe...1 bottle of sake and 1 bottle of "Creame de Casis" ( you can buy that at any liquor store 1 bottle is around $3.00) Pour chilled or heated sake into a glass and add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Creame de Casis to the sake mix together and enjoy!

I would have to say for Gepetto's in Holladay for the Pizza...The ultimate...YUM!

Also, Ruth's Diner up Emigration Canyon for Breakfast...the homemade rolls are the best.

The chili verde smothered breakfast burrito at Sharon's cafe for your hangover breakfast is the best.

I love the mole at Red Iguana down town as well as their chimichangas.

Sushi: At Happy Sumo in the Gateway you have to ask for the diva roll...to die for. not on the menu but it great...it has macedamian nuts and eel...so good!

Best shakes are at Iceberg on 3900 south and 900 east or at Millie's JD's Parents place 2100 south 1000 east.

The market street broiler in the anvenues has great atmosphere outside and has incredible steaks...for SLC.

Cafe trio for their Cobb Salad.

These are just some greats in the Salt Lake Area...