Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

100 things

I saw this in a blog recently and loved it so here are 100 random facts about me. Hope you enjoy!

1. I couldn't wait to change my last name and feel like Ricci suits me much better.

2. I buy wedding gifts as soon as I get an invitation so I have the best pick.

3. I am an awful driver but have only been in one car accident with a moving vehicle. The rest of the things I hit were stationary.

4. I love to cook things that others will enjoy, even if I don't. I tend to make things such as BBQed shrimp and never eat it.

5. Three things you will always find in my house: Coke, puffy cheetoes and ho-hos. That hasn't changed since I was a child.

6. If I find a shirt I like, I usually buy it in 4 different colors, two of those being black and white.

7. I wish I were an aunt and love that Sariah lets me treat Jonas, Cairo and Mesa as though they were my niece and nephews.

8. I text or email Mike baby names at least once a week.

9. I think lime makes everything taste better.

10. If a song gives me chills it instantly becomes my new favorite.

11. I think my mom is the smartest person I know. I call her for advice on EVERYTHING.

12. My favorite store in the whole world is Costco. I couldn't imagine not having one near-by.

13. I wear a black pencil skirt to work almost daily. I feel extremely casual wearing black slacks.

14. I hate my natural hair-color and probably will never go back to it.

15. I think wearing red shoes or a red purse show that I am feisty.

16. I never change my jewelry. I wear the same necklace, rings and earrings every day.

17. I have a star tattooed on my lower back with my dad's astrological sign in the middle.

18. I love telling people my name is Lauren Nicole Ricci. I feel it gives my name character :-)

19. I put a lot of thought into gifts and love to give them.

20. If I could afford it, I would go to Starbuck's every morning and get an extra hot grande caramel macchiato stirred with whipped cream.

21. I love that Mike is a Sigma Chi and believe it is an essential part of who he is.

22. Mike was the reason we used pink in our wedding. I wanted just a black and white wedding but am SO glad he talked me into using it.

23. I like to fill out surveys and then delete them. I think they teach me more about myself.

24. When I go shopping, I spend way more than I should knowing I will return half of it.

25. I love to look at wedding and baby registries. I feel it gives me a better sense of whom the registrants are.

26. I adore quotes and try to find one for every occasion.

27. I can watch TV for hours on end but have a hard time sitting through a movie.

28. I love weddings, everything about them.

29. I love stars and have since my dad died, hence the wish table at my wedding. I feel stars and wishes are my connection to him.

30. I was in 4-H for two years. Our emphasis was on cooking, but I still don't cook well.

31. Speaking of 4-H, our name was The Baking Babes, which I was adamantly against. I didn't want to be called a Babe.

32. I wear stilettos almost daily and can run quite well in them.

33. I am OCD. If someone is coming over, I have to do something productive in the kitchen until they get there so I can continually look out the window. Last week while waiting for Vilven, I scrubbed the whole kitchen, all the hardwood floors, and made coffee.

34. I only shop at stores with great return policies. Costco, Express, Nordstom, Bed Bath and Beyond…

35. I think things taste better cut up. Bananas, cheese, strawberries, pound cake, etc

36. I have been to Britney Spears in concert three times, twice in Vegas

37. I love the smell of spring. It makes my heart happy.

38. I am very proud of the fact that I worked full time while getting my Bachelors and graduated with a 3.9 GPA, even though I don’t use my degree for anything.

39. I pray my child doesn't have red hair. I think kids are vicious.

40. I don't really like chocolate unless it's a fruit truffle or full of nuts.

41. I think black and white are extremely classic and are my go-to colors.

42. I love, love, LOVE back ticklies.

43. I love to volunteer for organizations I have a personal connection to.

44. I have worked at my same job for 6 years and have wanted to quit for 3.

45. I can't stand twangy country music or gerber daisys.

46. Cairo and Mesa are my favorite names in the whole world. I love different names and when I have children, their names will not be ordinary.

47. When I ate my first Subway sandwich with vegetables I called my mom to tell her how proud she would be of me. I was 21.

48. Hannie has been doing my acrylic nails since I was 14 and was a bridesmaid in my wedding.

49. I don't like ice cream but I love sorbets and sherbets.

50. My dream-job would be a wedding planner.

51. If there is a chocolate fountain at a wedding, I load up on the dippers but don't dip them in the chocolate.

52. I don't really like to shop, it makes me depressed that I am not as stylish as I wish I were.

53. My ultimate goal in life is to be a wife and a mommy.

54. Mike and I bicker a lot but I believe we are truly perfect together and no one could complete me the way he does.

55. I hate carrying my cell phone and hardly ever do when I am with Mike.

56. If I find a song I like, I listen to it on repeat until I am sick of it.

57. I wish I had a job in marketing, I think advertising is extremely interesting.

58. I love roller coasters and thrill rides and would love to visit every theme park in the U.S.

59. I don't like fancy dinners because I think three hours is too long for one meal.

60. I love all Guess accessories even though they aren't very durable.

61. I don’t like things on my lips and usually wipe whatever it is off within 20 minutes.

62. I don't cry often but when I do, I am a mess.

63. I don't like to wear shorts and will wear jeans all summer long no matter how hot it gets.

64. I used to hate the color red because of my red hair. My mom used to tell me that redheads couldn't wear red because it clashed.

65. I don't like breakfast foods. If I do eat it's almost always a ho-ho and glass of milk or a donut.

66. I have a great memory when it comes to people and their personal lives.

67. I buy things for what they look like, not how well they function but then get mad when they aren’t working like I think they should.

68. My favorite grocery store is Harmon's because the owner's are some of the nicest guys I have ever met.

69. In 6th grade I bought boy JNCO's and wore them with boxer shorts. I thought I was so cool.

70. I am a very picky eater but feel like I am getting more of a grown up pallet.

71. I hate to vacuum but when I am in the mood, it's very therapeutic.

72. The only time I talk on my phone is when I am alone in my car. When I am home, I don't like to be bothered.

73. I love Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works and have one in every room in my house.
74. Cutting 6 inches off my hair was scary; dying my hair brown was even scarier but I love it short and brown!

75. People think I am mean but I am just really shy when you first meet me.

76. I love bread and always eat WAY more than I should.

77. I will make cookie dough, but never bake cookies.

78. I can't watch someone get hurt in a movie because I always feel so bad for them.

79. I graduated high school a year early because I hated it so much.

80. I love pocket tokens and take great pleasure in giving them to people.

81. If I designed a brand new house, it would look just like my mom's. I think she is an amazing decorator and I love her home.

82. Flowers and babies can always brighten my day.

83. It takes a lot for me to call someone a friend but when I do, I would do absolutely anything for them.

84. I believe I have the most amazing friends in the world and don't know how I got so lucky to have them in my life.

85. I always answer unknown numbers because the curiosity gets the best of me.

86. I am a hopeless romantic and need to realize life is not a fairy tale.

87. I think Mike is gorgeous but I was more attracted to his intelligence and personality than his looks.

88. I have a flower tattooed on my big toe and I hate it.

89. I think flip-flops are uncomfortable. I don't like things in between my toes.

90. I didn't notice how pretty Mike's eyes were until we had been dating for almost a month. That's usually the first thing people notice about him.

91. Since I went to night school and wasn't in a sorority I live vicariously through Mike's Sigma Chi stories.

92. I love little kid food, chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, cheese pizza, plain cheeseburgers, etc. I don't think that will ever change.

93. I have always wanted to be made over on a makeover show.

94. The summer of 6th grade, my mom helped me dye my hair purple. Her hands were purple for weeks.

95. I am overly protective of Drew and am very hard on the girls he dates.

96. I could give up many things; a TV would not be one of them.

97. Whenever I make homemade rolls I always eat some raw dough dipped in melted butter. Gross I know.

98. If I could have any talent, I would be able to dance.

99. I am not interested in ever seeing China, India or Japan but would love to see every island in the Caribbean.

100. I secretly fear that I won't be as good of a mom as I want to be.

I tag Spears because I love ya!

4 comments:

Halaufia's said...

You are truly the sweetest lady! I luv ya girl!

I hope you have a fabulous day and as for your anniversary...WOW! Sounds perfect...quality time spent together!

Hope you are doing well girl!

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Hey Cute Lauren,
Every time I read your blog it makes me happy we are friends. We have so many similar likes and funny dislikes. I am so happy that you married Mike and that you are in the EX eternal circle of friends. We should see more of each other!! Have a good day. Love Annie and Cole (he likes to sit in my lap while I look am on the computer)

Malerie said...

I read all of them! It was so great to learn more about you. :)

Lori said...

I'm glad you are you. Seriously, you are one of my favorite people on earth. The only thing I would change about you is your love of junk food. By the time I came to live at your house, I had almost convinced myself that I didn't like any of it (remember, I used to be thin). However, in about 2 weeks, I was eating frozen ho-hos, drinking real coke, and licking my puffy cheeto stained fingers with the best of them. :)