Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Baby Moon...Hopefully.


As most of you know, Mike and I love to travel and Cancun is our absolute favorite place in the world. We love being able to go down and enjoy a week of uninterrupted “us” time, sip on some drinks, eat too much food, lay out and read some good books. To us, it’s the ultimate vacation and something I start to crave right about now. This year has been especially hard because the last time we were in Mexico was 2009 when we were just starting on the fertility journey. We left Mexico thinking we would be coming home with a little Ricci and two years later, we are still waiting. While we were immensely blessed to go on two big family trips last year, we didn’t get a trip that was just “us” and this past year we have become even busier and haven’t had a lot of time to just spend together. The past few months we have been talking about going and discussing dates, but have been gun-shy on booking because we don’t have skymiles. Today I snapped and said “we HAVE to go to Mexico and we can’t keep putting it off”. I found some good fares and itineraries on Delta and we are now scheduled to be in Cancun from March 22-30th. I can’t wait for some strawberry daiquiris, the sunshine, a lounge chair and a week alone with my hubz. I already feel better now that I have something to look forward to. I really do think that trips make this whole process just a bit easier.

4 comments:

Jillyn said...

I hope you have a great time in Cancun with Mike. That place will always hold a special place in my heart because that is where Dustin & I went on our honeymoon. The ocean is so blue & beautiful. The weather is perfect. Enjoy & take lots of pics to post on your blog!

Kristen said...

My hope for your trip is that you get much needed R&R.
But I'm praying you will have to order virgin margaritas;)

Linds Forrest said...

Oh that sounds so fabulous!! I am so happy you two get to getaway. We love Cancun too. Where is your favorite place to stay, or does it even matter?

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Oh Cancun is the best. The beaches and water there are my favorite. You have had a rough few months and deserve a vacation. Perfect time of year to go as well.