Part of cooking means learning about new ingredients and how to prepare them. First of all, do you know what white pepper is? I didn't either (and if you did, you are definitely smarter than I am). Well thanks to Google I now know that Black Pepper is the whole peppercorn and White Pepper is the peppercorn with the shell removed. White Pepper is generally used in lighter colored dishes and has a milder flavor. I also now know that McCormick makes it and can be found in the spice aisle. Google also helped me figure out that Poblano Peppers are the same as Ancho chiles or Pasilla Peppers, since I couldn't find Poblano peppers at the store. Finally, google led me to the site Inspired Bites, which taught me (with pictures) how to roast Poblano Peppers. Google really does make me a better wife/cook/dog owner/employee/friend/blogger and everything in between. Thanks Google!
No comments:
Post a Comment