Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 1...

A "newer" picture.
June 2010, Kongiginak, AK. This is me fishing for halibut on the Bering Sea during our trip to Alaska with Mike's fam. See, I am not totally high maintenance. Although when we got into the seal hunting, I couldn't handle that.

15 Random Facts

1-I have been affiliated with The Sharing Place for 10 years and consider it to be part of my identity. I was a family there for 3 years, have been a volunteer for 7, an employee for 1 and have assisted in volunteer training for 6. It’s my sanctuary, keeps me grounded and I couldn’t imagine not having it be a part of my life. I have also met some of my dearest friends there who have enhanced my life and taught me so much.

2-My mom is truly my best friend and if something ever happened to her, it would break me. She makes me who I am and is who I want to be when I grow up.

3- I don’t put much stake in astrological signs but I do find it interesting that my closest, oldest and most influential friends throughout my life have been Geminis, or right on the cusp. I also find it crazy that most of the people who volunteer in my teen group at Sharing Place are Pisces, including me.

4-I used to be a wannabe G and wore boy JNCO’s, boxers and dyed my hair purple. My mom was pretty cool about everything though and actually helped me dye my hair. Her hands were purple for a week.

5-Traveling is our escape and keeps us sane. Thanks to Mike's many work travels and our parents we have been able to visit 11 states and 8 countries and are looking forward to many more years of travel, both domestically and internationally.

6-I eat like I am five and a few things you will always find in my pantry are coke, limes, puff cheetoes, and ho ho’s. I tend to eat these things for breakfast often because I don't like breakfast foods. I also get cavities like I am 5 because I eat too much candy, drink too much soda and Starbucks and really really hate to floss. My last cleaning Mike told me he would buy me a coach wallet if I didn't have any cavities my next visit. See, 5.

7-My dream job has always been to be a wife, mother and volunteer. I also am desperate for a little girl not because of the cute clothes and girlie decorations, but because I want a relationship with my daughter like I have with my mom.

8-I am drawn to all things stars and hearts or that have the words wish, dream, hope or love on them. This came from my dad’s death and my mom.

9-After 6 years, I still question why Mike chose me.

10-I don’t let many people in because I have MASSIVE walls, but once I do, I will be loyal to a fault.

11-I have a hard time watching movies because they are too long, but I can watch 8 hours of TV without a problem.

12-I can’t dance, I can’t sing, I can’t bake, I can’t craft and I can’t decorate but I sure can organize!

13-My way of getting together with people and catching up is going to dinner or lunch. It’s one of my favorite things to do.

14-I really love my name, although I pronounce it Loren, not Lauren. I also love that my middle name is Nicole and told everyone when I first got married that my name was Lauren Nicole Ricci.

15- I am incredibly bad with spell check, eggs creep me out and I am terrified of spiders. There is currently a dead one in our basement that has been there for a week that I can't bring myself to touch in order to throw it away. Ughh Yuck!

I really am crazy but the fun kind of crazy! :) On another note Miss Annie (and anyone else who is up for the challenge) I really hope you copy me on this. I love learning new things about people!

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

That's cool how close you are to your Mom. And I love ho-hos! That's awesome!!

Alex, Chelsea, and Tessa said...

I totally remember you wearing JNCOs. And I wish I could eat ho-hos all the time. Apparently I don't have the body for it...says my 4 year old.