I have really been slacking on my New Years resolutions, especially the going to the gym twice a week and trying out new recipes. Well, to start making myself accountable, I decided to post the recipe I want to try on my blog so then I don't have any excuse on why I didn't make it. The first new recipe I am going to be trying out is for Roasted Poblano and Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce. When Mike and I went to Arizona for the Saints game, we were wandering around old Scottsdale and happened upon an amazing Mexican restaurant called Frank and Lupa's. Ever since we have been looking for a restaurant here that serves something similar, but have had no luck so I decided to try and make it myself. Wish me luck, this is more ingredients than I normally take on.
Roasted Poblano and Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken
2 poblano peppers, roasted and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
1/4 cup green onion, finely sliced
Sour Cream Enchilada Sauce
Roasted Poblano and Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken
2 poblano peppers, roasted and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
1/4 cup green onion, finely sliced
Sour Cream Enchilada Sauce
1 large shallot, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 -2 serrano peppers (optional) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons flour
8 ounces sour cream
2 cups chicken broth
To roast the peppers: Cut poblano peppers in half, remove all seeds and stem. Roast poblano peppers at 450 degrees until skin begins to blister and turn black in spots, this should take about 10-15 minutes. ***I save the plastic produce sack the peppers came in and when they come out of the oven, I place them in the sack and seal the sack. Let sit 5-10 minutes. The steam from inside will loosen the black skin. Pick what you can of the black parts off, then chop the peppers.
2 Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
3 To make the sour cream enchilada sauce: Saute shallot, garlic and peppers in butter over medium heat in a large skillet until veggies soften. Add spices. Cook for another minute.
4 Combine sour cream and flour well. Add to skillet along with chicken broth. Wisk to combine. (It'll look a little funny for a minute, but don't worry!) Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat, wisk and simmer until sauce is thick and creamy.
5 Add 3/4 cup of enchy sauce to the filling mixture. Combine well.
6 In a greased 13x9 casserole, coat the bottom of dish with 1/2 cup of enchy sauce.
7 Place 1/4 cup of filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in casserole. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Top casserole with remaining enchy sauce.
8 Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until warm and bubbly!
9 Garnish with green onions.
I will let you all know how it goes!
I will let you all know how it goes!
1 comment:
How did this turn out? I know you work alot of hours, so you could always try slow-cooker meals. I'm so bad at cooking at home. I'm trying to follow your lead & cook more at home too! Cooking is hard. lol.
Post a Comment