Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Blog Name...

Happily Ever After… Our Own Real Life Non-Conventional Fairy Tale.

My blog name is very much who we are. We are happy, we are in love and our story and marriage are completely non-conventional, but it’s ours and it’s perfect for us. We met when I was 19, he was 24 and I had a boyfriend. I quickly realized he was the man I was supposed to marry and followed my heart to him. We moved in together quickly, lived together for a year and a half before he popped the question (which, by the way, I ruined TWICE) We then remained engaged for 14 months before becoming husband and wife. We adopted two dogs, bought a house and combined our bank accounts before we shared a last name and by the time we married, we were more like an old married couple than newlyweds. We were completely comfortable, incredibly in love and our journey is exactly what it was supposed to be. We have no secrets, we love the other deeply and truly, we are best friends and I appreciate every experience, both good and bad, we have had throughout the 6 years we have been in each other’s lives. As the years have passed I have realized we are perfectly imperfect, and that’s completely fine with me.

I started our blog almost a year into our marriage when Mike was traveling a ton. I wanted a way to document my thoughts, my random knowledge and have a way to express myself. I often go back and read what I have written and I sometimes surprise myself with my writing. It has been a wonderful motivator to document not only our marriage, but my feelings and our life. I have always been an open book and my blog is no exception. I look forward to reading our journey many years from now, spelling errors and all.

Our blog title spurred the name of my second blog, Nineteen Months and Counting…Our Own Real Life Non-Conventional Path to Parenthood. Nothing in our life has ever been conventional and our journey into parenthood hasn’t been either. This second blog has given me an outlet for my emotions surrounding baby Ricci and I hope it’s as helpful to others as the writing has been for me.

No comments: