Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Walk MS 2008

This post is dedicated to all The Lucky 13s for the amazing job we did at Walk MS. This year we really hit the fundraising hard and boy did it pay off! We raised a whopping $14,202.63 to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis, making us the second highest raising team in Utah. With everyone’s amazing generosity I was able to raise $2,814.16, something I couldn’t have done without all of your help.

I want to congratulate my bestest friend Laura. She is always such an inspiration and raised $2,570.08 all by herself! Thanks for always giving your all and coming to all the events with a smile on your face (except on morning mad days before you have gotten your coffee). Your willingness to make a difference in the lives of others is truly amazing. Love you Sum!

I also want to recognize Jess my wonderful friend and our fabulous team captain because without her we never would have accomplished so much. She alone raised $1,924.03 plus put together our charity poker tournament that brought our team $2,018.00! She is a very special person with a heart of gold and every day I am awe struck by her strength, love and ability to turn something so difficult into a positive experience. I don’t know how she does it but she does with grace and a smile on her face. You are absolutely incredible and I love ya girl!

Hats off to my dear friends and a huge thanks to everyone who participated and donated. We couldn’t have been so successful without each and every one of you and you will never know how much we truly appreciate all your love and support. Here are some fun pics from the day!

Laura and Naanes Katie and Steven
The bob mafia!
Drew and I
Rod and I

Mike, Jack, Seth and Drew
Marissa and Sum
The Lucky 13 boys
The Lucky 13 crew
We wear our 13 with pride

1 comment:

So you think you can blog? said...

Lauren told me that I should comment on these pictures rather then email her and tell her what I think. Well...I think that I look cute. Is that ok?