Sorry, I was a bit of slacker yesterday because I have been so busy all week, plus who really wants to admit a habit they wished they didn’t have? I know if you asked Mike, he would say he wished I didn’t have my weird throat noise thing. Let me explain… whenever my throat itches, I scratch it and this strange noise is made. Mike so eloquently described the sound as, “a duck choking on a jolly rancher”. Personally it doesn’t bother me because it soothes my throat but it annoys Mike and my mom to no end!
I guess one of the habits I wish I didn’t have is how picky I am with food. I hate that at 25 I still pick out my veggies and I don’t have an open mind about trying new things. Yes I know this needs to change when I get pregnant but for now, I will still pass on anything green, orange or yellow.
Another habit I wish I didn’t have is the inability to be content. I am always looking for the next thing and have a hard time appreciating where I am in life and just enjoying it. Sometimes I forget to stop and smell the roses and I tend to miss out on the moments while I am eagerly trying to move onto the next step. I have been this way my whole life and it’s something as I get older and time moves faster, I wish I could change. This whole infertility thing has helped me realize I need to take solace in the being and appreciate every step of the way; I think I still have a long way to go though.
1 comment:
Oh my! Trevor does the exact same noise! I have made him stop doing it because when I allow him to he starts doing it in his sleep and it wakes me up all night...crazy!
Post a Comment