Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Proud...

Some things that I am proud of in the past few days are…

Going skiing- Not only was it a FREEZING day but I strained my Achilles tendon and knee after a fall. I am proud that I not only continued with the day, but didn't complain (too much). My entire family is full of skiers/snowboarders and Mike is incredibly good. (Seriously, he needs to quit being so good at so many things!) I on the other hand have zero coordination and skiing isn’t my most favorite way to spend the day. The fam drags me up once a year for our annual ski weekend, which is coming up the first week of March, but this past weekend my cute 13 year old cousins were in from California, so I braved the cold and windy day to spend some time with them. While I am not very good and I fall A LOT, I still stuck with it and am glad my bratty ways and pouty attitude have been left in my teenage years.

Integrating color into my wardrobe- I tend to only buy black, white and neutral colored clothing. This weekend after a difficult and painful test (I will get to this in a second), I felt I needed some retail therapy. I ended up with 4 colorful things, and only two things that were white or grey. Now if only I knew what to pair them with to make them look stylish!

Nordstrom BP ($11.00!)
Express. This probably shouldn't count since I also have this in black and white. Oh well, when you love something, buy three. :)Express.Express.
I know this is grey, but I adore it and stripes are out of my comfort zone. :)
My HSG test- I finally underwent the dreaded HSG test, which is where they insert a catheter type tube into your uterus and inject contrast to see if your fallopian tubes are blocked and if there are any other abnormalities. It was incredibly painful and I am BEYOND BEYOND BEYOND thankful and grateful that Annie was there to hold my hand throughout the entire procedure. She really is an incredible friend and I feel so blessed to have her in my life.

There are two reasons why I am proud of this. First I am proud I underwent the test in the first place because it is really painful. Second, I didn’t get the best results but I am proud that I haven’t jumped to too many conclusions yet and have been able to stay as calm as possible until I get a chance to go over the results with Dr. Terry. I will keep you updated on what he says at our baby blog http://www.babyricci.blogspot.com/

Miss Whitney- Finally, I am really proud of my BFF Whitney. She has signed up to run the Ogden Half Marathon to fight , something she has always wanted to do! She is running to support The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I can’t wait to cheer her on at the finish line. Here is her personal page if you want to check her out or if you want to donate to her cause!
http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/ogden11/whouser

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are one brave chica - for the new clothes and braving that test!

Kate said...

Super cute clothes. Glad you had a good friend to support you during this time~ best wishes!