Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Goals, Goals, Goals.

I have been sucking at this blog challenge. I have been so busy and every time I go to type something I decide to catch up on my shows, take a nap or hang out with the hubs instead. I am going to attempt to finish the challenge, it just may be a 30 week challenge instead.

My short term goals for this month:

Our biggest goal this month is to pay off the second mortgage on our rental. Here is the reason: Mike graduated college and moved into a friend’s house, where he was perfectly content living…until he met me. As we became more serious (who am I kidding, when were we NOT serious?), he decided he wanted to invest in a house we could live in together and make our own. Since the market was hot, house prices were quickly rising, and 80/20 loans were being given out like hotcakes, he quickly bought our house without a down payment. Ever since 2005, we have been putting any extra money we have including bonuses, tax refunds and extra paychecks into paying it off so Mike could sleep better at night. We are finally within a few thousand dollars of having it paid off and as soon as our tax refund comes, we are looking forward to closing that account and never worrying about it again! I am so glad my hubby is good with money. I would never be in this position if I hadn’t met him.

Another goal is trying to get my butt to the gym so I don’t look like a beached whale in Mexico. I don’t know if that is going to happen as much as I want because February and March are super busy, but it’s a goal!

Finally, I want to catch up on my assessments at work. I try to write them after my intakes but after working a 12 hour day, paperwork is the last thing I want to do. I plan to take my laptop on all of my vacations and spend some time catching up on them. Also now that I have my Sundays back (no more football), I plan to write some then too.

Hope I can accomplish at least one of these!

No comments: